‘This Webpage is not available’ is a very common screen that tends to appear when searching the internet using your browser. In case of Google Chrome browser, this kind of error is called ERR CONNECTION RESET. This is an error code problem of the browser which you may encounter again and again. Well, for a problem, it’s certainly not a big one, and it can be resolved easily by following simple tricks. And in this article, you are going to learn all the possible methods you can follow to remove this error from your browser permanently.
When Does This Error Occur?
When a website you are searching for fails to make a connection with the destination site, you get to see this type of error, especially in Google Chrome browser. It’s a pretty common issue and so almost everyone has to deal with it often. This ERR CONNECTION RESET error will prevent your browser from connecting to different websites at different times.
Main Causes Behind This Error
There can be different reasons behind the appearance of this error. But the following are some things that are often the main reasons for encountering this error while surfing the internet:
- i) No internet finished by DNS probe
- ii) Chrome browser internal errors
iii) Windows PC issues and errors
These reasons may cause the screen “webpage is not available” to appear in your chrome browser.
But don’t worry, this error is not a big deal, and the troubleshooting techniques mentioned in this article will positively fix it. This ERR CONNECTION RESET Google Chrome Browser error can be completely fixed by you.
Things You Need To Do To Get Rid Of This Issue:
- Make Setup of MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit):
- Search and open ‘run’ from start menu
- Type in the run tab – “ncpa.cpl” and click OK
- In the pop-up window that opens, find the wireless networks option
- Go to run again and type “cmd” there to open Command Prompt
- Type the following text as command there:
netsh <space> interface <space> IPv4 <space> set <space> subinterface <space> “Wireless Network Connection 4” <space> mtu=1472 store=persistent
- Replace Local Area Connection with your network adapter name
- Press enter, and it’s DONE!
Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) command setup can resolve the persistent error problem on your chrome browser.
- Run ‘Netsh Winsock’ Reset Trick In CMD:
- Search/type command prompt
- Right-click on it and select ‘Run as administrator.’
- Type in command box “netsh Winsock reset” and press enter
- Restart your PC
ERR CONNECTION RESET error will be fixed by running ‘netsh Winsock’ command in CMD.
- Update & Scan PC Antivirus Or Deactivate It:
- Search for your antivirus and open it
- Click on ‘scan now.’
- Search for available updates and update it if there are any
- Refresh the page
- Internet Proxy Setting check:
- Search and open Control Panel from start menu
- Click on Internet Options
- Click on Connections tab from the pop-up window that will open
- Click on LAN settings
- If the ‘use a proxy server for your LAN’ option is ticked or enabled, deselect it and click OK
- Browsing History Clearing:
- Go to Internet Explorer browser and open it
- Click tools button
- Then select ‘delete browsing history’ (select data which is to be removed)
- Click “delete.”
- Open Google Chrome
- Click on options in the upper right side of the screen
- Click settings there
- Go to the history option
- Select ‘clear browsing history’ to remove the randomly selected types of data
- Press ‘click browsing history.’
Clearing the browser history or erasing the recorded data of user’s browsing should give positive results while dealing with ERR CONNECTION RESET code problems in Java.
The best ways to get rid of this ‘webpage is not available’ problem easily, fast and effectively are shared in this article. You’d probably never need to worry about this error code issue again.